Just Another Link List: October 17, 2012
- I know it’s been several months since Nora Ephron passed away, but this remembrance written by Tom Hanks has stuck in my mind, particularly: “For a wrap gift, she would send you a note saying something like, ‘A man is going to come to your house to plant an orange tree –or apple or pomegranate or whatever — & you will eat its fruit for the rest of your days.”
- Life at 36 – Discussion of what looking your age means.
- You Should Talk About Going to Therapy – Getting rid of stigma involves the ability to talk about it casually.
- A great commentary by Sandra Fluke entitled, “We’re Not the ‘Entitlement Generation‘” I love her point that this isn’t about not knowing how to take care of ourselves, but knowing that we should take care of one another.
- It’s My Birthday Too, Yeah – (via the NY Times) – Looking at our selves through the lens of math & how many people would you need to gather to make the odds of a match 50-50?